Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's Year End Tax Prep Time!

  So I readily admit that preparing my information for my tax accountant is absolutely the least favorite part of owning my own business.   BUT, it has to be done and the reality is, when you own your own business you get all kinds of tax deductions.   I uploaded a short YOUTUBE video for you to watch that I think will make your preparations simple.   It's less than 5 minutes and well worth your watching.
    Additionally, I have a document on our team Facebook page (simply like "Wiemann Spa Girls") that is helpful in helping you track your expenses month by month.   I use Quicken; others use Money Works, some even use paper like the document I've attached.  It lists all the things you can deduct.  You could take this piece of paper and tape it to a large manilla envelope or forward and do one for each month if you want.   Then the second sheet is for income.
  Lastly, if you sell a lot of product and if you're good with computers you might consider getting a program called Nutshell.  It helps you type out invoices for your clients and is helpful in monitoring your inventory.  I love Nutshell.  I use it to send emails to my clients regularly; I use it to keep my clients' husband's information and just so much information.  If you're interested in knowing more about this program let me know and I will help you get started with a free trial.   Otherwise, keep it simple and track it via paper--that's what I did for years!  

No comments:

Post a Comment